This course is taught over a single year, with taught modules delivered over 6 months and a major project to be delivered over the second 6 month period. The taught components consist of 8 required modules, listed below. They have been selected to give you both a solid grounding in the field and the cutting edge technical skills you’ll need to make new advances in telecommunications engineering.
Note that this is a rapidly evolving discipline, and is delivered by researchers who lead this field on an international level. As a result the list of required modules is subject to change.
- Broadband Wireless Networks
- Digital Transmission
- Information Theory and Coding and Traffic Theory
- Mobile Data Networks
- Pervasive and Mobile communication networks
- Project Management
- Radio Systems and Personal Communications Networks
- Strategic Management and Finance
- Telecommunications Networks and Quality of Service
- Dissertation Prep Module
- Industrial Project and Dissertation