This is a 5 year program for most students.
Year 1 Modules:
- Aerospace Laboratories, Technical Drawing and Workshop Experience
- Analytical Methods and Skills
- Engineering Materials, Manufacturing and Electrical Machines
- Fundamentals of Solid Body Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermofluids
- Introduction to Engineering Design
Year 2 Modules:
- Computing, Analytical Methods, Control and Instrumentation
- Principles of Aircraft Design
- Professional Engineering Applications and Practice
- Solid Body Mechanics
Year 3 Modules:
- FEA, CFD and Numerical Modelling
- Flight Testing and Analysis
- Professional Engineering Practice
- Propulsion Systems, Aircraft Structures and Materials
Year 3 students will also deliver a Major Individual Project.
Year 4 (Placement):
Year 4 will be spent in a paid placement in the aerospace industry.
Year 5 Modules:
- Advanced Aerodynamics, Propulsion Systems and Space Mechanics
- Current Topics in Aerospace
- Design and Analysis of Aircraft and Spacecraft Systems
- Strategic Management, Innovation and Enterprise
- Choose one optional module:
- Advanced Thermofluids
- Advanced Solid Body Mechanics
Year 5 students will also deliver a Major Project in a group of 5-6 students.