This is a 5 year program for most students.
Year 1 Modules:
- Fundamentals of Thermofluids
- Fundamentals of Solid Body Mechanics
- Engineering Materials, Manufacturing and Electrical Machines
- Analytical Methods and Skills
- Aircraft Ground Theory and Flying Practice
- Aerospace Laboratories, Technical Drawing and Workshop Experience
Year 2 Modules:
- Solid Body Mechanics
- Professional Engineering Applications and Practice
- Principles of Aircraft Design
- Performance and Control of Aircraft
- National Private Pilot’s Licence
Year 3 (Placement):
Year 3 will be spent in a paid placement in the aerospace industry.
Year 4 Modules:
- Propulsion Systems, Aircraft Structures and Materials
- Professional Engineering Practice
- FEA, CFD and Numerical Modelling
Year 4 students will also deliver a Major Individual Project.
Year 5 Modules:
- Strategic Management, Innovation and Enterprise
- Design and Analysis of Aircraft and Spacecraft
- Current Topics in Aerospace
- Advanced Aerodynamics, Propulsion Systems and Space Mechanics
- Choose one optional module:
- Advanced Thermofluids
- Advanced Solid Body Mechanics
Year 5 students will also deliver a Major Project in a group of 5-6 students.