This course is typically delivered over 4 years, including a year spent in professional placement. Below you can find a list of the required modules delivered in each year, but you will also have access to a range of electives, especially in the 2nd and 4th years.
This year you’ll be introduced to financial and management accounting techniques, as well as some aspects of law, marketing, management, mathematics and applied statistics.
- Applied Stats and Maths in Econ and Business
- Principles of Marketing and Strategy
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Fundamentals of Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting
- Introduction to Management and Organisation
- Legal Studies
Year 2 will give you more theoretical knowledge as well as a practical understanding of the procedures you’ll use in practice. You will also begn to specialise, choosing your first elective modules.
- Corporate Financial Management
- Corporate Reporting
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Management Accounting
This year will be spent in a working placement in a professional context appropriate to your abilities and chosen career path. This will give you critical insight into real working conditions as well as help you begin building your own professional network.
Note that placements are awarded competitively, with the support of the Careers and Employability team.
This year will be similar to year 2, but with more advanced core modules and a wider array of specialised electives open to you.
- Advanced Corporate Reporting
- Business Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- International Corporate Finance
- Management Accounting and Control
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management