This is a 1 year program for most students, but can be taken over 2 years at part time.
You will take a total of eight taught modules, in addition to your Individual Mechanical Engineering Project and your Dissertation.
- Advanced Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- IC Engine and Vehicle Propulsion
- Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Gas Turbine Engineering
- Professional Industrial Management Studies
Elective Modules Choose any 2 from:
- Combustion Fundamentals and Applications
- Finite Element Methods
- Mathematical Modelling in CAD
- Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy Fundamentals & Sustainable Energy Technologies
Your dissertation is worth 60 credits, a full 1/3 of your marks for the program. This can be research-inspired or based on real world industry issues, depending on your career goals. Those intending on an academic career should focus on the research pathway.
If you do not complete or do not attempt the dissertation, you will still qualify for a Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Mechanical Engineering.