This is a 1 year program for most students, but can be taken over 2 years at part time.
You will take a total of seven modules, as well as undertaking an extensive dissertation.
- Strategic Management in Healthcare
- Management and Leadership in Healthcare
- Health Innovation and Change
- Finance and Enterprise Performance
- Economic Evaluation and Pharma
- Health Management Consultancy
- Research Methods and Applied Data Analysis
This will be a comprehensive piece dealing with health-related business issues or business studies more generally. Recent dissertations have been about topics such as:
- Developing a strategic plan for a hospital group in the private sector
- Developing a marketing plan for the launch of a new drug development project
- A plan for improving and developing the services of a clinical directorate
- A study of resource planning implementations in health services
- A study of the way shared decision making in the use of medicines differs between developed and developing countries