This program is typically delivered over three years at full time.
Your first year you’ll learn about exercise, health and nutrition on a broad, theoretical level.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Health and Fitness
- Health and Wellbeing
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Programme Level Assessment
- Research Methods 1
In year two you’ll learn to apply what you know to real world situations.
- Advanced Training Methods
- Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Professional Development and Placement 2
- Promoting and Communicating Public Health Messages
- Research Methods 2
- Volunteering in Sport, Health and Nutrition
In your final year you’ll focus on the analysis, synthesis and critical evaluation of key concepts in the discipline.
- Advanced Nutrition for Sport and Exercise
- Applied Sport Nutrition
- Aspects of Health Psychology
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- Exercise Referral for Special Populations
- Healthy Weight: Practical Strategies
- Physical Activity and Behaviour Change
- Professional Learning Through Work
- Sports Injury