This program is typically delivered over three years at full time.
Your first year you’ll learn the core principles behind the sciences of exercise and sports training. You’ll also experience a professional placement.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Exercise Psychology
- Health and Fitness
- Introduction to Sport Psychology
- Performance Analysis
- Programme Level Assessment
- Techniques in Strength and Conditioning
In year two you’ll choose a specialist pathway.
- Biomechanical Analysis and Performance
- Coaching and Assessment of Performance
- Physiology of Training
- Professional Development and Placement 2
- Research Methods 2
- Sport Psychology: Theory to Practice
- Volunteering in Sport, Health and Nutrition
In your final year you’ll use your research skills to deliver an in-depth dissertation.
- Applied Biomechanics and Movement Analysis
- Applied Sport Psychology
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
- Performance Physiology
- Physical Activity and Behaviour Change
- Professional Learning Through Work
- Sports Injury