This is a 3 year program for most students, or 4 years with a year in working placement.
Year 1 Modules:
- Scientific Skills
- Physiology and Anatomy
- Nutrition, Health and Disease
- Numerical Methods for Bioscientists
- Biology of the Cell
Year 2 Modules:
- Disease and Immunity
- Human Nutrition
- Physics for Life
- Research Methods
- Applied Sciences – Sport
- Applied Sciences – Psychology
- Applied Sciences – Nutrition
- Applied Sciences – Forensics
- Applied Sciences – Food
- Applied Sciences – Biomechanics
Year in Placement
Placement is a great way to develop real world working skills within your chosen specialty, and to begin learning the kind of real world laboratory skills that employers demand for the best roles. This opportunity is designed to improve your employability dramatically by demonstrating that you already have what it takes to succeed in this field.
The fact that many of these positions are paid handsomely is another factor worth considering.
Year 3 Modules:
- Aetiology of Disease
- Current Perspectives in Biosciences