This is a 3 year program for most students, or 4 years with a year in industrial placement.
You’ll begin working on real world engineering challenges almost from day one, learning to work as you will in industry.
Year 1 Modules:
- Design and Practice
- Engineering Computing
- Engineering Mathematics and Modelling
- Engineering Principles 1
- Engineering Principles 2
- Introduction to Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Year 2 Modules:
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics and Modelling
- Fluid and Separation
- Geoscience, Well Drilling and Logging
- Principles of Control
- Reservoir Engineering and Petroleum Economics
Year in Placement
Placement is a great way to develop real world working skills within your chosen industry, and to begin learning the kind of real world skills that employers demand for the best roles. The fact that many of these positions are paid handsomely is another factor worth considering.
Year 3 Modules:
- Design Project
- Innovation and Enterprise
- Petroleum Process and Control
- Process Safety and Environment Protection
- Production Engineering