This MSc course is delivered over 1 year at full time, but you have the option of taking a second year in a hospitality or tourism industry placement.
This year consists of taught modules. You’ll learn industry specific skills, management theory and research designed to enhance your critical thinking skills.
- Extended Research Proposal / Dissertation
- Finance for Managers
- Food Innovation
- Hospitality Business Analysis
- International Destination Management
- International Strategic Management
- Tour Operators and Airlines
- Tourism and Hospitality Futures
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Language (choose one)
Year 2 (internship / placement)
Though optional, it is strongly advised that you take this degree as a 2 year program with a year in placement as a paid intern in the hospitality and tourism industry. Placements typically last 36-48 weeks, and are arranged with the assistance of MMU’s Placement Office. They will also be your chief source of careers support after you graduate.