This program is typically delivered over three years at full time, or 4 if you choose to spend a year in professional placement.
In addition to the compulsory modules listed below, you will have access to a wide range of electives in years 2 and 3. These will allow you to specialise your learning and career pathway.
Year 1 Modules Include:
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems Architecture and Operating Systems
- Fundamentals of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Programming for Data Communication and Problem Solving
Year 2 Modules Include:
- Data Communications
- Digital Systems Design
- Protocols and Network Performance Simulation
- Research Methodology and Professional Project Development
Placement or Study Abroad Year (optional)
If you opt to spend between 9 and 12 months in placement, you’ll gain real world experience in an industrial CS or IT setting. This will look great on any CV, and will also come with a substantial pay packet in most cases.
Year 3 Modules Include:
- Advanced Networks Design and Security
- Digital Communications
- Individual Project
- Wireless LANs and Mobile Computing