This program is typically delivered over a single year at full time. It can also be taken at part time over up to two years around work, family or other commitments.
- Computer Networks and Internetworking
- Data Communication and Information Theory
- Digital Transmission Systems
- Mobile Communications
- Broadband Technologies and Fibre Optics
- Telecommunication Security
- Project Research and Communication Skills
- Postgraduate Project in Computer and Communication Engineering
As you explore these modules, you’ll gain a deep understanding of data communication and long range networks. You’ll become familiar with the mathematical and statistical tools that telecommunications engineers need to make sense of the data they collect, and how these can be used to improve network performance.
Less technical subjects will include professional skills, policy and management training, and a deeper understanding of the social ethical and legal contexts these systems exist within. You’ll also learn the user experience, programming, management, testing, construction and design skills that make for commercially viable projects.