This BEng course is delivered over 4 years, with the third year spent in industrial placement.
Your core curriculum for the first year will give you a broad knowledge of the tools and theory behind engineering in general and electronic specifically.
- Electronic Circuits and Components
- Mathematics for Scientists 1
- Mathematics for Scientists 2
- Principles of Sustainable Engineering
- Programming in C++
In year 2, you will focus more on Electronics and Digital Systems.
- Communications Engineering 2
- Control Engineering
- Digital Coding and Data Networking
- Electricity Generation, Conversion and Distribution
- Electronic Materials and Devices
- Embedded Systems Team Project 2
- Software Engineering for Electronics
Year 3 (Industrial Placement):
This year will be spent in an industrial placement, learning how engineers actually work in your chosen industry.
Much of year 4 will be taken up by your individual research project, but you will also have access to several advanced electives.
- Signal Processing
- Individual Project
- Applications of Cryptography
- Human Factors and Healthcare Engineering
- Principles of Engineering Company Management
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Smart Transportation
- Voice Technologies