There are few required modules other than in year one. Most of the program is composed of options and electives, allowing you to construct your own specialty.
The curriculum for your first year features six required modules:
- Great Works: art, films, literature, music
- Themes in the Art and Archaeology of Africa
- Themes in the Art and Archaeology of East Asia
- Themes in the Art and Archaeology of South and Southeast Asia
- Themes in the Art and Archaeology of the Near and Middle East
- Theory in Art History and Archaeology
In addition, students can select 30 credits worth of optional modules from a list of language and non-language modules.
Students will select 60 credits of modules containing archaeological content as well as 30 credits that can come from a rage of other London universities
In addition to undertaking and Independent Study Project in Archaeology, students will select 60 credits form the list above and a further 30 credits worth of Language or Non-Language options.