This BSc course is typically delivered over 3 years at full time.
Year 1 Taught Modules:
In your first year, you will explore what it means to be a children’s nurse and gain a solid grounding in the theoretical and practical aspects of the calling.
- Foundations of Children’s Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Science for Nursing
Year 2 Taught Modules:
In the second year of this program, you’ll explore patient care in more depth, as well as learning the issues which will inform your practice.
- Care of the Acutely Ill Child
- Contemporary Issues in Children’s Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Person-centred Care
Year 3 Taught Modules:
Your third year will prepare you to provide care in the real world, as well as giving you what you need to maintain ongoing best practice.
- Complexities of Children’s Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
- Transition to Professional Practice in Children’s Nursing