This is a two year program at full time, but may also be taken over 3 years at part time.
- Applied Pharmacology
You’ll gain a working knowledge of common drugs and their effects on the human body, and lays the groundwork for prescribing activity.
- Evidence Based Practice in Healthcare
This module makes sue you can make decisions based on clear evidence and critically appraise the decisions of others.
- Foundations of Clinical Medicine
Here you’ll learn the sciences which underpin diagnosis and treatment, but also all understanding of human disease and injury.
- Investigations in Clinical Medicine
This module addresses the role of the PA, and analyses the investigations you’ll perform in both primary and secondary care.
- Personal and Professional Development for Physician Associates
This module tracks your core clinical competencies, and documents your work in specific clinical conditions.
- Physician Associate Applied Clinical Knowledge and Skills
This module will see you applying the skills you’ve learned in actual clinical environments, under close professional supervision.