This program is delivered over 1 year at full time.
- Cardiac rehabilitation of athletes and patients with cardiac disorders
You’ll gain the knowledge and practical skills you need to manage and deliver a Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- Cardiovascular anatomy and physiology
You’ll learn about exercise physiology and the impact of different sports on the cardiovascular system.
- Practice of cardiovascular evaluation of athletes
You’ll gain practical experience diagnosing athletes with suspected heart conditions, using a range of equipment.
- Practice of cardiovascular screening
You’ll attend screenings with Cardiac Risk in the Young, gaining vital first-hand experience
- Principles of cardiovascular evaluation of athletes
You’ll learn how to differentiate the phenotypes of cardiovascular disease from those of adaptation to exercise.
- Principles of cardiovascular screening
You’ll explore the various conditions which may predispose athletes to sudden cardiac death.
- MSc research module
- Counselling skills in genomics
- Emergency response planning
- Ethical, legal and social issues in applied genomics