This program is typically delivered as an MSc degree over three years at full time. However, you can also take the program as a Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Dental Implantology with the same module load but without the Dissertation requirement.
Year 1 Modules Include:
- Patient Assessment and Treatment Planning – basic principles, treatment plans and risk factors
- Implant Surgery – radiation protection, clinical photography, and surgical risk awareness
Year 2 Modules Include:
- Restorative Treatment and Maintenance – patient management and treatment specific to restorative dental implant therapy
- Dental Implant Procedures and Complex Cases – risk and complication evaluation and advanced surgical techniques
Year 3 Modules Include:
- Dissertation (Dental Implantology). This will involve research based on your first 2 years of study, using qualitative, quantitative or systematic review of data. You will deliver either
- A systematised review of the literature on a subject or
- A full research project relating to Dental Implantology.