This course is typically delivered over 1 year of 3 semesters.
The Core modules you’ll take include:
- Shaping a Research Question (5 credits)
This is a very short module designed to support your research project. It will link you with a project supervisor and see you deciding on a topic for your Extended Research Project.
- Study Skills for Life
This module will give you both research skills you’ll need for your Extended Research project and transferrable skills in Time Management, Note Taking, Presentation, Writing, Academic Integrity, Appraisal, Numeracy and IT.
- Beyond Your Degree
This module helps you prepare to advance your medical or academic career beyond this degree program. You’ll explore the university’s Careers Service, learn to write CVs and Cover Letters, and develop your interview skills
- Extended Research Project in Medical Sciences (120 Credits)
You will research and present an extended project in accordance with your interests and specialties, with the guidance and assistance of academic staff.
Elective Modules include:
- Applied Statistics
- Cardiovascular Health and Disease
- Drug Metabolism & Toxicology
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Introductory Immunology
- Molecular Genetics
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Principles of Reproductive Biology
- Small Molecule Drug Discovery