This course is typically delivered over 5 years.
The first year of the program focuses on establishing a basic knowledge of engineering and industrial technology.
- CAD and Communication in Engineering Practice
- Chemistry for the Physical Sciences 2
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Fundamental Engineering Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Materials
- Principles of Electronics
- Professional Skills Part 1
In your second year you’ll explore advanced maths, thermodynamics and computing related technologies in more depth.
- Design and Computing in Engineering Practice
- Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Introduction to Geology for Petroleum Engineers
- Process Engineering
- Solids and Structures
In year 3 you’ll be able to add a few specialist modules to your core curriculum, developing your area of expertise.
- Drilling and Well Engineering
- Engineering Analysis and Methods 1
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat, Mass & Momentum Transfer
- Petroleum Engineering Design
- Petroleum Geology and Reservoir Characterisation
- Project and Safety Management
- Reservoir Engineering 1 – Fundamentals
- Well Testing
In year 4, you’ll choose more advanced electives, as well as rounding out your core studies.
- Field Development and Petroleum Economics
- MEng Individual Project
- Petroleum Production Engineering and Technology
- Reservoir Engineering II: Performance
Year 5 has fewer core modules, and a chance to take truly career-defining elective modules.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- MEng Group Design
- Non-Conventional Hydrocarbon Engineering
- Reservoir Simulation
- The Engineer in Society
- Upstream Oil and Gas Processing