This program is typically delivered over three years at full time.
Core Modules Include:
- Biochemical Techniques And Skills
- Biochemistry For Applications In Biotechnology
- Biochemistry Research Project
- Cell Biology And Pathophysiology
- Chemistry And Molecular Genetics
- Essential Skills In Biochemistry
- Human Anatomy And Physiology
- Metabolism And Immunology
- Microbiology And Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology And Genetic Engineering
- Protein Structure And Function And Pharmacology
- Systems Biology For Pharmaceutical And Biotechnology Innovations
Your progress will be assessed in various ways, including reports, presentations, projects, portfolios, appraisals, writing and exams.
You may also have the opportunity to learn about one or more of the industries which rely on the discipline of biochemistry by spending some time actually working at an industrial or academic research facility. You’ll gain real world experience as well as a set of skills specific to this competitive industry. Finally, you’ll be making the kind of professional contacts which could define your later career.