This program is typically delivered over three years at full time.
Core Modules Include:
- Applied Plant Science And Food Security
- Chemistry And Molecular Genetics
- Clinical Nutrition And Immunology
- Essential Skills In Food And Nutrition Science
- Food And Nutrition Science Research Project
- Food Microbiology And Biotechnology
- Human Anatomy And Physiology
- Metabolism And Human Nutrition
- Microbiology And Biochemistry
- Physiology And Immunology
- Public Health Nutrition And Nutraceuticals
- Skills And Food Analytical Techniques
Your progress will be assessed in various ways, including reports, presentations, projects, portfolios and exams.
You may also have the opportunity to learn about one or more of the organisations which rely on food and nutrition scientists by spending some time actually working in industry. You’ll gain real world experience as well as a set of skills specific to your chosen career pathway or industry. Finally, you’ll be making the kind of professional contacts which could define your later career.