This is a 4 year program for most students.
Year 1 Modules:
You’ll begin by studying the principles which underlie engineering generally. This will include mathematics.
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Design, Build and Test
- Electronics and Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Mathematical Methods and Applications
- Thermofluids 1
Year 2 Modules:
Now you’ll add biology modules, as well as a few more advanced engineering modules.
- Cell and Tissue Biology
- Clinical Movement Analysis
- Electronics for Bio-Sensing
- Functional Anatomy and Human Physiological Measurements
- Further Engineering Mathematics and Statistics
- Healthcare Technology Project
Year 3 Modules:
In year 3 you’ll explore engineering actual biomedical applications, as well as studying project management.
- Biomaterials with Implant Design and Technology
- Individual Research Project
- Medical Ethics and Quality Management
- Project Management and Six Sigma
- Rehabilitation and Prosthetics
Year 4 Modules:
These are the ‘capstone’ modules, representing a Master’s level education.
- Clinical Biomechanics
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Genomic Coding & Genetic Engineering
- Regenerative Medicine
- Team Project