This is a 1 year, full time program for most students.
The core modules include:
- Principles of Drug Discovery
This module will convey the methods, techniques and strategies of selecting and evaluating molecules as potential drugs, as well as the ability to analyse the process critically.
- Practical Skills in Pharmacology Research
Here you’ll learn advanced pharmacology techniques as well as improved research and communication skills.
- Critical Appraisal of a Current Topic in Oncology and Toxicology
Here you’ll plan, undertake and report a detailed analysis of a relevant topic of your choice.
- Case Studies in Drug Discovery
This module will give you a braod-based understanding of current issues in cancer drug discovery.
- Cancer Therapeutics Research Project
Here you’ll work as part of a research team on a real drug discovery project.
Typical optional modules include:
- Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology
- Molecular Basis of Cancer and Cancer Therapy
- Preclinical Models for Drug Evaluation
- Chemical Toolbox for Drug Discovery
- Molecular Mechanisms of Toxicity