This is a 1 year, full time program for most students.
The core modules include:
- Desalination Technology
This module helps you understand the technology behind the production of fresh water from seawater, with a special emphasis on sustainability.
- Big Data Systems and Analytics
This module focuses on building, managing and using ‘big data’ networks. It touches on IP law, ethics and the modern digital economy.
- Transport Phenomena
Here you’ll study CFD modelling, momentum transport, energy transport and the equations which relate to them.
- Upstream Production and Refinery Operations
Here you’ll study the petroleum refining process using simulation, design and synthesis.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Process Engineering
Here you’ll look at the processes behind designing and creating substances that are fit for human consumption.
- MSc Project
You’ll learn to plan, implement and review an academic project.
Typical optional modules include:
- Polymer and Materials Engineering
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Water and Waste Water Treatment
- Supply Chain Management and Production