This program is typically delivered over three years at full time.
Years 1 and 2 will be chiefly classroom and laboratory based. You’ll train in the university’s purpose built dental laboratory.
Beginning in year 2 and extensively in year 3 you’ll be working with real patients in the UCLan Dental Clinic, working alongside BDS students. There and in the classroom, you’ll learn the high level technical skills you’ll need to thrive as well as gaining experience working in a live clinical team.
Year 1 Modules Include:
- Clinical dental technology knowledge (1)
- Clinical dental technology skills (1)
- Foundations of Professional Practice
- Preclinical Dental Sciences
Year 2 Modules Include:
- Clinical dental technology knowledge (2)
- Clinical dental technology skills (2)
- Health Promotion and Population Studies (1)
- Oral Disease and Integrated Practice for Clinical Dental Technology
- Professional Practice (1)
Year 3 Modules Include:
- Health Promotion and Population Studies (2)
- Integrated Clinical Dental Technology Practice
- Professional Practice (2)