This degree program is typically delivered over 18 months at full time or 30 months at part time.
Over the first year (or 2 years, if taking the program at part time), you’ll have a fairly standard mix of lecture classes as well as more in-depth tutorials and skills sessions looking at industry specific research and critique / analysis methodologies. You’ll learn a great deal of specialised background knowledge at that time, as well as learning to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Specialist Craft Study (double module)
- Shot Composition: Designing the image
- Research and the Industry
- Production Operations
- Independent Study: Specialist Project or Research Project (double module)
- Collaborative Project: Commissioned Film (double module)
In the last 6 months you’ll engage with actual industry professionals in the university’s collaborative practice program. You’ll be commissioned to produce a professional quality short film, and receive a commercially appropriate budget in order to do so.